Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Very Messy Xmas

Xmas day started off with a glorious hour long phone call with Svetlana discussing such interesting things as the weather - it was -5 in Svetlanaland at the time.

After all the scintillating conversation was finished I set out for a twenty minute walk/jog to counteract the coming feasting but unfortunately my MAMILS was acting up a little so the jog part dropped by the wayside.

I collected Legion2 and headed over to our ancestral home for a lunchtime BBQ with Handy Dad and the rest of the Legion. Of course I had to do some updating of Freeloading Mum's computer while I was there and didn't notice how quickly Legion4 was downing the beverages.

Time came to head over to Aunties for the traditional evening meal and cousin catch-up. Legion3 headed home while 2 and 4 piled into my vehicle. I failed to notice that Legion4 had thought it necessary to bring a beer for the 20 minute trip. I did notice though when said beer was finished within the first half of the journey.

Upon arrival we reacquainted ourselves with cousins, uncles and aunties. We also acquainted ourselves with Cousin Dave's wife.
Pre-dinner conversation and nibbles commenced in the backyard in the wonderful Xmas day evening twilight. It was during this part of the evening that things began to turn messy. Legion4 had continued to avail himself of the amber liquid since we arrived and became variously loud, obnoxious, angry and incomprehensible. He also seemed to come down with a special case of Tourette's repeatedly loudly blurting out things unrelated to current conversation topics - I suspect they were all in-joke sayings he and his friends share when they get smashed at the pub.
Needless to say the embarrassing and cringe-worthy nature of his behaviour brought on a telling off from Handy Dad - quite a surreal experience as one drunk person staggered over to tell the other they were a disgrace and embarrassing the rest of the family. Legion4's only response being an imploring "why me? What did I do?" look towards the rest of the group.
After a dinner time lull he was back at it and yours truly had to leave before dessert to take him home - making it the third time this month that I had missed dessert, hmmm, is the universe trying to tell me something?

The journey home was a wonderful fusion of a building headache punctuated by sudden shouting with small bouts of driver interference all topped off with repetition of "Where the f*** are we?" even twice while waiting at the same set of lights.

Finally he was dropped home and peace descended. Dropping the pleasantly affected Legion2 home was sheer bliss in comparison and then it was straight to bed for me to shake off my blinding headache that had mysteriously developed over the course of the evening.
.

No comments: