Freeloading Phill and ...

... Lollies, Lunch, and Cake

Thursday dawned bright and early with an eager IT Man trekking to Beaumaris for the last Strategy Team meeting of the year. The meeting went well with two types of lolly bowl circulating and only one call out to work my magic on misbehaving machines.

The celebratory Xmas lunch was a little dissapointing - the phrase "at your own expense" causing me much pain and going against my whole ethos. However I did fare much better than Big J and Sonja Roster Queen who were both voicing their displeasure at the surprisingly small size of the portions of their menu choices. Alltogether Heather amused all when she refused to believe that a dish with Porterhouse in it's name could be anything other than a steak.

After lunch I found some IT reason to remain at the branch and was "lucky" enough to be there for The Beaumaris Ballerina's birthday cake. It just got better when she handed out bags of lollies and mine had a Caramello Koala in it! It's like she researched and found that I like chocolate and caramel!

The day took a turn for the worse however, when I inadvertently bonded with AntagonisticAl whilst we were both working late trying to get our work done without any other staff around. I ended the day thinking nothing bad of her, particularly as she gave me the rest of her lolly bag. I wonder if I'm coming down with some illness?
.

No comments: