Freeloading Phill and ...

... Freeloading Mum's Birthday Feast

Most of the afternoon was taken up with my attendance at Freeloading Mum's significant birthday bash.

All of Legion was in attendance as well as BrotherStealer and of course Handy Dad. Various relatives and friends of mum's were there as well and I had to pay for my free lunch by listening to countless tales of babysitting hijinks and sandwich cutting fussiness from all those years ago.

I suspect that there was some sort of conspiracy of denial afoot as when I approached the dessert bar and placed my order I was quickly informed, "Oh sorry sir, we closed just before you got here. The previous person had the last dessert order."

It brought back memories of the Library Xmas party where - apparently - there had been calamari but they ran out just before I got there.

To console myself over the loss of free dessert I indulged in some evening card gaming with Legion2, ArchEnemy and ElfBoy. It just wasn't the same as honeycomb cheescake.
.

No comments: