Freeloading Phill and ...

... Triumph Over Torchwood

Although I new this was coming I sat on the news until now in case it was another one of her dastardly tricks - Torchwood has left the Library Building!

Yes notch up another Marketing officer to my tally - three now. After the fight Torchwood gave me I have really honed my skills and fear that the next one doesn't stand a chance so prepare to make it four.

In any case my triumph was celebrated in style on Friday night at the "farewell" for Torchwood- poor thing, she thought it was to say goodbye to her.

My one concern in all this is that I will be painted as the bad guy when it's obvious that what we see is the culmination of a long brewed plot from Supervisor Grand Chief K in retaliation for the Literary Festival Incident.
Only SGCK could have enough pull in the immigration department to mess with Mr Torchwood's VISA enough to force The Torchwood's to return home to Leekland.
Of course SGCK as been particularly clever in her machinations as Torchwood's unfounded antagonism towards me (which I was forced to return) will ensure that I bear the brunt of everyone's blame for this.

In any case the night went well with everyone gathering at the appointed venue and having plentiful drinks. I may have strained a voice muscle making a sarcastic farewell speech without microphone assistance in the noisy venue and, unfortunately, said noise robbed my witty barbs of their power.
Towards the middle of the evening Kiwichick showed her excellent sheep herding nous and gathered a group of us together to enjoy a meal at a delightful Thai place she frequents regularly. I think she will be unable to return now that the restaurant has experienced the behaviour of Librarians off the Leash. For the dinner we employed a special code to save me any difficult Svetlana questions about having dinner with a table full of women. So, when I report back to my beloved, I was dining with: Pauly, Ross, Steven, Ji, Jim, Ronnie, and possibly some others but who bothers to remember names when you're out with the blokes. Oh yeah and I was Suzanne - my girl name i.e. the name Freeloading Mum had picked out before I turned out to be overwhelmingly rugged and manly - I know it doesn't make any sense but at that time of night you don't mess with Kiwichick logic.

We returned to the original venue to enjoy more drinks until eventually I managed to escape from Torchwood's inebriated clutches with the old "last train" excuse.


Torchwood has managed to get in a parting shot however as today I had to haul myself out to Beaumaris to do her job for her and help set up a seminar for the borrowers.

Fingers crossed that she's not sitting there at her desk when I get in tomorrow to give me her old "HaHA you fell for it" routine.

No comments: