Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Days of the Machines

My last few days have been a blur of IT activity.

It started with the delivery of our new RFID kiosks. Luckily they were also delivered with techs to get them set up and working. So in between all my other wonderful problem solving escapades I have been liaising with said techs and LMS suppliers and staff and maintenance persons.

And today has been training to get staff up to speed on the machines. Of course all this talk of machines brings to mind the recent, and wonderfully Terminator-esque, "You know in the end the machines will win" gambling billboards seen around Melbourne ( viewable on Daniel Bowen's blog).

On top of all that busyness it appears several of our machines have up and walked out of the library so I've had to deal with The Law as well.

The one sweet spot of the week has been savouring my success and emplacing myself on the desk formerly known as Torchwood's.


Oh and speaking of machines, Tuesday night gaming really could have used some computer assistance to work out how to apply my simplification of the game system we are using for our new story arc. I can only surmise that the problem lies with the players as my games designing skills cannot be called into question.

No comments: