Freeloading Phill and ...

... One 'L' of a Time

Since deciding, back in my uni days, to start using both Ls of my Phillip in my Phill I've had to deal with the problems that arise with the use of slightly variant spelling of one's name.

I've noticed how unobservant people are as emails are replied to with a plain old Phil - or even corrected to remove the extra L from the email address and therefore fail to work. Most, like Days of our Libraries for example, eventually get it right after a half year or so although one representative with a previous printer supplier took the cake in the email stakes when his regular SPAM-like "Have a good weekend" emails inexplicably changed from signing off with Phil to signing off with "Have a good weekend Peter".

On a side note I've also had to deal with the bizarre incorrect naming in phone calls - "goodbye Shaun" being my personal favourite (although some of Svetlana's name calling comes close).

But the killer event has to be when a letter comes addressed for Mr Philip [name withheld for identity theft reasons] and it turns out to be a holiday itinerary for Handy Dad and Freeloading Mum flitting off on a central Australian adventure.
What hope have I got if the woman who birthed me can't even get the spelling of my name right? THE NAME SHE CHOSE FOR ME!?!
Sigh, I'll probably get nothing from their will as they'll have made the same mistake there.


On a brighter, clearer, note I collected my new glasses today. Not much different, so it'll be interesting to see which of the non-blog readers notices the difference.
They came in a Prada case which should gain me a smidgeon more respect from Mr Prada if I can manage to reveal it strategically.
In any case I am currently enjoying that warped-at-the-edges-tunnel-vision that always accompanies the first few days with new glasses.

1 comment:

Trev said...

Identity theft!! ;o)