Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Snubbing of the Tales

(246 Alternate Title: Things #16-17 Wikis)

I had a long Instant Message chat with FridgePower yesterday and in the middle of it all Wikis came up so I thought I'd knock off another few 2.0 things.

But first, when having a look at all the 2.0 blogs, her comment was "Simmone's is really cool............ and yours too." I am boggled. And I had been thinking it was really good to chat with her after such a long time of just watching each other log on and off in the corner of the screen!!!!!!

Ahem, I am calmed down now.

So Wikis.
I have used a few in my day, all related to gaming stuff. The first one was the most official and was to organise the online info for the game without the web site maintenance falling on the shoulders of one person.
The second one was the Thursday night groups shared notes for the game but a server crash wiped that one out and we never got back into it.
The latest one is for the Game Circle (of Monday night's Geektogether fame) website where the "what games are being played" page and a few others are Wiki pages.

For library use the old chestnut of collaborative procedure manuals would possibly work if some of the access was restricted. Also they may bbe a good way to store a lot of reader's advisory notes and information.

1 comment:

Stompy said...

Well, what I actually said was:

"I love simmone's blog! (and yours of course!)"

But never let the truth get in the way of a good story, hey? ;)

By the way, it was good to have an IM chat with you, after such a long time... and lucky we have that option for communicating, since you went and moved house and all, without even telling me!

Speaking of FridgePower, I need to buy a new one, with a much much bigger freezer to store RavenousBeast's frozen meals in. Got any recommendations on choosing a new fridge? :s