Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb

Thanks to the miracle of reading on the train I finished the second book in the Magic Wood trilogy today.

The last third of the book was, much like the first book, an interesting rollercoaster heading to the end. It's a shame the first two-thirds is stretched out with all that Family-Saga stuff.

Oh and, dammit, there are dragons in it now. I can just hear the I told you so's from Supervisor S and Sister Serials.

Also, Nancy Pearl be damned, I think that in about six months I'll slog through the first half of the last book of the trilogy to get to it's rollercoaster finish too.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad to see I'm still getting a mention on your blog even if it is in a back-handed way.
Sorry about the pies...we missed the whole game (I was suffering from physical and emotional overload by the time I got home) and dinner guests who aren't interested in football didn't help. I think Don turned the telly on to check the score at 11.30, by which time it was all over.
So the next day we armed ourselves with party pies, sausage rolls and beers to watch the Port-North match. What a disappointment...go Cats!
Enjoy the GF
(ex) Supervisor S