Freeloading Phill and ...

... one Good Weekend

The weekend got off to a great start with a three hour toddler shower for Supervisor S consuming most of Friday. The evening was a farewell dinner for Rugrat Twin off to visit Japan, Europe and Svetlanaland - I am jealous.

After the dinner I got home, rewound the tape and watched The Mighty Pies win their way through to the next final - worth staying up until three to watch.

Saturday was mostly a sleep in (interrupted by the obligatory call from Sister Serials) and a trip out to the homeland to fix Freeloading Mum's internet. The evening was a poker night at Legion3's which went late into the night.

This morning, after the recovery sleep in, I doddled about the flat for a bit before heading to the cinema to use the second of the tickets I'd received for being bestest in the library before it expired next Friday. I chose Once, mostly because I'd heard it was good and there was nothing else on that caught my eye. I thought I was going to have to miss out on the film when Miss Amanda called to tell me of system troubles whilst the adds were running. I called our suppliers emergency number but nobody answered so, with little I could do, I went back into the movie.
I think I'm glad I did. For a while after coming out of the cinema I could only speak movie-poster, i.e. "Heartbreaking","Emotionally powerful".
Librarian Idol does a much better job at describing the film than I could ever do.
The power of Once was so strong that it kept our supplier from following up on the help call until after it had finished. Several back and forth calls and another 45 minutes later the problem was solved. I am not too impressed by that speed of service but several previous weekend emergencies have been dealt with almost immediately so I'll let it pass as an anomaly.

In order to recover from Once I watched Dodgeball tonight. It was exactly what I expected and all is back in balance now.

1 comment: