Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Wedding of Legion2 and The BrotherStealer

Yesterday was finally the big day where the BrotherStealer got her way and was wed to Legion2.

It was quite a hot day to be dressed as a penguin but thankfully the ceremony wasn't until early evening and it was outside with an evening breeze. Positioning for the ceremony could have been better with those in the party not getting married having to squint into the sun to see any of the action.

The only real pre-ceremony drama was removing the fur of The Tiger which while apparently impossible to vacuum out of the car comes off quite easily with the application of fancy clothes.

During the ceremony I had a moment of mild concern when the brides ring hid itself in the far corner of my pocket to avoid detection when I went to retrieve it as part of my starring role.

Photo taking time, although short, kept me from getting to the free predinner drinks for a while.

The venue was the right size for the hundred or so people with the outdoor decking with city views proving quite popular throughout the night.

Dinner was a lovely entree of duck followed by fish or something else which I didn't take note of as I was busy eating and being slightly nervous about my upcoming best man's speech.

A last minute switching of speech order saw me going first without the benefit of any father of the bride warm up. But of course it didn't matter - I killed them. Proving once again the value of a little practice and fine tuning. It was interesting though to see which parts proved most popular and which parts were only mildly entertaining to the audience.

Post speech saw me finally able to take advantage of the remaining food and booze before indulging in some serious dance floor antics at the behest of BestFriendSincePrep and Mrs StumpyRudolph. I think I've come away from the evening with a mild case of Khe Sanh circle shoulder.

All in all it was a good night - many of the usual suspects were present plus Handy Dad's very own Legion; Freeloading Mum sported an eraserhead-esque haircut; I had my first meeting with the spawn of Sir Clive Pitbull and also the spawn of Mr Magpie (no relation); BestFriendSincePrep failed to ply me with drinks so I was human today.


Speaking of today there was a free lunch organised for the official gloating over the loot - which was quite extensive. Most unusual present goes to the electric vegetable peeler.

Post lunch I headed over to once again fix Freeloading Mum's home computer and scored a free dinner for my troubles.


Tonight, after a short blackout delayed my scribing of the tales, I have been sweltering in the flat as we begin this run into a hot spell. I may have to press the air-conditioner into action tomorrow night as I've heard they are supposed to be good for dealing with heat issues.

No comments: