Freeloading Phill and ...

... (Boolean Training) AND (Being Dead)

I spent the day in the city today learning all about how to coax information out of the LMS using it's boolean query function.

The lunch was quite good and I think I've learned a few things that will help with statistic extraction and catalogue cleanup - and most excitedly how to track down the stupid typos in email and fix them before they cause bounced notices...

...well it's exciting for me and possibly Mr Prada too since we have to deal with the bounces.


After the training I popped into the fancy-pants shop where Rugrat Twin works to have our first face-to-face catch up since my return from the continent.



Several days in a row of "I'm On The Train" have led to me quickly finishing Being Dead by Jim Crace. It was recommended, nay foisted upon, me by Badger and turned out to be an interesting story about the lives of a middle-aged couple and their last few days after death. Not for the squeamish and I am puzzled that The Observer can call it "An extraordinarily moving love story" since to me it seemed to be leaning more in the other direction.


Meanwhile on the gaming front, I had an almost full house last night for the start of the Tuesday night Judge Dredd story with all the regulars who weren't on honeymoons making it and Pirate Dave making his first appearance for his three month run. So many players I didn't know what to do with them but in the end they gave my improvisational skills a good workout.


Oh and here's a bonus wedding picture of Brotherstealer and the Legion - with yours truly rightfully centrally framed.

3 comments:

Oops.. I deleted my blog!! said...

All the ladies have decided that a suit should definitely be your daily attire, we could organize a "doodle poll" !!!!!!!!!! Although Mr. Prada might think that one suave,sophisticated,debonair suited man in the building is more than enough..

Phill said...

Ooh, so is this a plan to drive Mr Prada away?

Better not call the doodle poll "Should Phill suit up and replace Mr Prada as the suave man of the branch?" then.

Max said...

...you all look the same..but Miranda is still the prettiest.
the only problem with the suit..not allowed on my side