Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Rather Sedate Buck's Night of Legion2

Yesterday's big event was the Buck's night for Legion2.
However the day began with a suit fitting for myself so that I will be able to perform my best man duties in style. The effect of all that holiday feasting can be seen in the requirement for me to hire a Large size suit.

The main event began with bowling at the Strike bowling bar in the city. There were many attendees including: BestFriendSincePrep, the rest of the Legion, Badger, Spare Legion, Elfboy, Mr Magpie (no relation), the future brothers-in-law and several of Legion2's friends from work.
BestFriendSincePrep proved the enhancement effect of alcohol by going from last place in the first game to first in the second game after the addition of several performance enhancing elixirs. Some, like ElfBoy, decided that their prime objective was to beat me and didn't mind where they finished otherwise.

After the bowling it was a short, slightly staggering, walk to the evening venue - Mrs Parma's the home of micro brewery beers and hand-crafted parmas.
We were joined by Gavman and Matrixman as we began downing pints and picking our parmas from the menu of ten or so options. The popular choice was the Mexican parma washed down with the red ale.
The venue was wonderfully un-crowded and the noise/music level was low so there was lots of great conversation and witty repartee happening. BestFrienSincePrep attempted to inflict his brand of evil on me again but, since I had to buy my own drinks, he was unable to force his inhuman drinking pace upon my person.
Eventually the venue had the temerity to close at their closing time so we moved on.

I third and final stop for the evening was at the Charles Dickins where we watched an English soccer game or two while continuing to sample fine ales. Eventually just as Legion2 was starting to turn an interesting shade of green we decided to call it a night.

We Legion all hopped onto the next Nightrider bus and headed home. I did my best man duty and roused Legion2 at his stop and walked him to his door before heading home. Hmm, on second thought perhaps my best man duty would have been to let him sleep and wake up in Hurstbridge?


The worst thing I felt today was jetlag which caused me to sleep until mid-afternoon. I just can't shake my Svetlanaland sleeping patterns. I should be able to nap tomorrow at work since there not going to be much for me to do after six weeks away.

Today ended with a family birthdays dinner followed my another session of fixing Freeloading Mum's computer.

Well off to bed now so I'll be fresh as a daisy at work tomorrow.

No comments: