Freeloading Phill and ...

... A Serious Lack of Mr Prada

I had to run another Your Library @ Home class for the public yesterday but this time without Mr Prada who is off in Mapleland.

I had a couple of complete beginners in the class who had to be shown how to use the mouse. Even after they left I found that it would have been a great help to have a second person to roam the room helping people login to their accounts and deal with those little problems that continuously popup when the students don't follow your instructions to the letter.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Hey Phill, you may have explained this in an earlier blog post, but who is Mr. Prada, and why do you seem to hate him? :)

Trev said...

I didn't realise that I was hated - not something that i ever picked up on in this well written blog - I actaully think I come accross much cooler online that in real life. Although it would seem I know have a vicious anti-following for some perceived injustice!!

Having returned from my fashionable adventures in MapleLand it was nice to see that I was missed. I ran a class once where when I told an elderley gentleman to "click there", he picked up the mouse an touched it to the screen!!

Mimi said...

I suspected I may be saying the wrong thing entirely... should have listened to that quiet little voice in my head! I don't think Phill hates you at all, I think it was how I interpreted something I read vaguely and quickly, can't remember what now, probably an in-joke between the two of you. I'm very far away, am very uninvolved in Phill's life, so just wanted to say something... do forgive me!

Phill said...

It's okay. Mr Prada and I both took it in good spirit.
(Although I hope we don't end up tracing this back as the beginning of the point that the wedge was driven between us...)
[whistles nonchalantly]