Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Last-minute MC

Yesterday was the big wedding of Doom and The Doctor. I was asked to MC the occasion only a few days ago and after sleeping on it decided to accept the offer. I was a little nervous but not as much as for previous best man and psuedo best man speeches. It helped to be able to refer to my notes between speeches and I was wrapped to be able to do my intros without a piece of paper in my hands. Unfortunately a few great lines we're forgotten but I can always save them for my stint as Legion2's best man next February. In any case it all went over well - people laughed and nobody was traumatized by my wildly inaccurate mini-biographies.
Many people I knew we're there and it was great to have the annual catch up with The Fungi Lady, who flew in especially for the occasion. Alas I had to dance with MatrixMan, my "date" for the evening, since Svetlana was unavailable.
All guests were given a Pocket Penguin as a memento of the wedding, which is a lovely gesture, but I am worried that I may have been specifically targeted to receive "The Worst Thing A Suburban Girl Could Imagine". I'll have to see what I think once I've read it.


Also in the last few days I scored another goal at soccer bringing my tally to 5 in 13 months so I'm now on one every 10 weeks or so. Still some room for improvement.

This morning I coffee'd at the Vic Market with Rugrat Twin, fresh back from Europe and Svetlanaland. She passed on some great gifts from Svetlana and photos from the trip before consenting to play the role of fashion adviser as I topped up my wardrobe in my bid to inch closer in the fashion stakes to Mr Prada (whom I bear only the slightest of malice towards - despite what you may read into my meandering musings LittleBigGirl !!)

The rest of this afternoon was spent wrestling with my stupid modem at home as it refused to allow me an ADSL connection so I could try to remotely fix some problems at work. I am suspicious That I have recently begun having problems and then Telstra calls me out of the blue offerring me "Fantastic" broadband deals. Make of that what you will...

No comments: