Freeloading Phill and ...

... Pattern Recognition by William Gibson

A couple of days on the train and a well written read-more story has seen me finish this reasonably quickly.

Stepping away from his usual cyberpunk setting - but maintaining the intrigue side of things - Gibson tells an interesting story that explores the consumerist society we live in.

I enjoyed it and, despite Badgers protests about most of the characters being based on real internet forum personalities (about as real as most blogging personas - oneself excluded of course) I recommend it.
To appease Badger in some manner I am starting on the monster book he lent to me called Ash. Honestly it's like lugging a brick around and my wrists start giving out on me after only five or so minutes. I expect I'll be a while at it's 1100 or so pages and damn him it's good so far so I can't abandon it!


Also speaking of Pattern recognition I seem to have been in a pattern of work, sleep, work lately which combined with the holidays of many around me has left me with little to chat about. Still I can sense something stirring in the wind so stay tuned.
.

1 comment:

Hanley Tucks said...

I sense the rolling of polyhedral dice in your future.