Freeloading Phill and ...

... A Trio of Triumphant Returns

The Man in the Corporate Castle
The first triumphant return was my week at the corporate centre in the IT department hanging out with SoccerBuddy - my first time there for a very long time.
I was preparing new PCs for various library branches and making sure that the abundance of morning teas about the centre did not go to waste.


Facing the Field Again
The second triumphant return was my once again taking to the soccer field. It wasn't quite as triumphant as it could have been if I'd scored a goal but the field was crowded requiring little running and the knee held up well - on the night at least, it's been a little stiff since then but as the footy parlance goes "he pulled up sore after the game but will be playing next week".



The Jumper Redeemeth Itself
A last minute phone call from The Great Sandro had me dashing home last night and rushing off to the footy to see Collingwood and Geelong clash. As I expected to be beaten I wore my Collingwood jumper as I figured it couldn't do any harm.
Well...
what ensued was an amazing performance of pressure from the pies, that led to a thrashing of the cats - and more importantly the curse on my jumper has been lifted so I can freely wear it everywhere now (I can't wait to attend my next wedding).

No comments: