Freeloading Phill and ...

... A Whole Lot of Waffle

Contrary to what the title might suggest there is no tasty light batter cake content to this post.
It is merely a convenience for Supervisor Grand Chief K so that she knows that there is no need for her to bother reading my musings as they will, like she commented on my last post, just glaze her eyes like a freshly cooked waffle.



No sooner had I whinged last post about not having anything to blog about than it all starts to happen.

Thursday Morning I finished reading Across Realtime by Vernor Vinge. It's actually two books - The Peace War and Marooned in Realtime - that explore an imaginary stasis technology and it's ramifications. I really quite enjoyed them both - so much that I bought the company, that is I'm basing my short Thursday night roleplaying game on it while I fill in as gamesmaster for The Bastard who's out with a back injury and having as much trouble standing up straight as a syrup soaked waffle.

That night I continued on my pathway towards eclipsing Ronaldo as I blitzed my way to another two goals at soccer (12 goals in 17 months). The extreme heat kept the numbers low so we joined with the other field of regulars for an us versus them game. I was obviously one of the stars of our team in my Svetlanaland national team jumper as they were shouting at each other to "guard Svetlanaland" when we went into attack. Unfortunately we seemed to be the much better team with a 13-2 scoreline, crushing them like a waffle in a waffle iron.
Technically they actually won due to the "last goal wins" rule in effect when the nasty hockey players kick us off the field.


Friday was an extended session of setting up new public PCs at Beaumaris branch and simultaneously trying to solve one of those wonderful intermittent printing problems that said new PCs were having. I think I've worked out the cause but with SoccerBuddy away at training there was nothing I could do until Monday.


Today I took a walk over to Rugrat Twin's to help get her mobile broadband working only to discover that Evil Twin had already got it working. I was a bit miffed that a mere Doctor had done my job and felt like going out and operating on people to show him what it feels like when someone else does your job.
Anyway Rugrat Twin and I decided to walk into the city and do some shopping. Whilst there we ran into Doom who is living the gamergeek dream and working in the city game store.
Walking home was a little harsh in the afternoon sun and I was feeling a little like an overcooked waffle, but eventually we were home and it was time to take a quiet Saturday night and relax around the house.

No comments: