Freeloading Phill and ...

... Welsh Cakes!

I was somewhat surprised and disappointed this morning to discover that Torchwood's invitation to come along to cultural diversity morning tea and check out her Welsh Cakes was not nearly as salacious as it sounded.
Still said cakes were a rather tasty treat from the scone family (pronounced skoen) and as yet I'm not experiencing any poisoning effects plus they were free.
The Aussie side of cultural diversity was shown rather appropriately by Big J's buying of some lamingtons "down the shop" on the way into work.


In stark contrast to the excitement of free elevenses the rest of my past few working days has been consumed with hellish nightmare of vexing printing problems in both old and new PCs. It is as if the printers can sense their coming demise at the end of the contract and are all giving up in the final weeks.


I should have guessed at how technology would fail me this week after gaming Sunday's main attraction game of Battletech, aka Giant Fighting Robots, ended with my 'Mech collapsing under me and my replacement 'Mech overheating and freezing on the battlefield.
Mind you it was once again a case of "everyone get Phill" for reasons I am unable to fathom so having ElfBoy, Badger, Legion2, and, surprise surprise, Mechwarrior Wayne all pummeling my 'Mech didn't really help it's uptime.


Tonight I managed to forget most of the weeks stresses with a good phone talk with the much missed Svetlana, at home on a sick day after poisoning herself with something that was probably in her fridge when I was enjoying the Svetlanaland winter on my recent jaunt to the continent.

No comments: