Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Grab bag of Things

There's been no real focus to what I've been up to the last few days - except for being overworked of course.

Thursday's day of meetings began with a surprise visit from Supervisor S and the introduction of Mini S who limpeted to S the whole time they were visiting.

My next "meeting" of the day was my attempt to order some custom blinds for the flat since summer is rolling in and the natural light can get a bit much at times. In any case it took a good 25 to 30 minutes for the sales girl to input the order for my 5 different blinds into their computer system. I did multiple circuits of the shop admiring there many plastic plants and painful looking couches while it was all entered. The least they could have done was supply some coffee and/or cakes while I waited. I don't want to think about being the IT staff supporting the use of that application software.

This caused me to arrive late for my next meeting, which was with Torchwood, and provided more fuel for her systematic workplace bullying of me to continue.

I did finally make it to soccer only to have it not run overtime as another group kicked us off for their own session. I was forced to call Svetlana in order to de-stress and then headed of to gaming for the rest of the evening.

Friday morning was hijacked at the last minute with customer service training - which was in itself not too bad but did include homework! And people wonder why I don't have time for things like stats and 2.0.
I did manage to install new LMS clients at Beaumaris in the afternoon. This latest version is supposed to have improved speed for issues and returns - so fingers crossed that the freezing monkey will finally get off my back.

I spent a few hours of my quiet weekend afternoon wrestling my VPN into action with the help of SoccerBuddy. My remote spying from home is now enabled so I can be all ghostly and move the mouse when staff have the temerity to call me while I'm on call.

No comments: