Freeloading Phill and ...

... Death by Stats

Well here I am up to my neck in stats after a great weekend which included catching up with FridgePower, Illuminated G and others at a wedding celebration on Saturday. Sunday was another of our Magic card tournaments in which I finished a respectable 3rd, behind MatrixMan and Legion2.

However work has been a yo-yo of stats and system crashes meaning that Supervisor Grand Chief K will probably hurt me severely if the system crashes have delayed the stats beyond the end of the day!

Fittingly enough I finished reading Gene Wolfe's Shadow of the Torturer this morning. It is volume one of the Book of the New Sun. I was reading it to see if it could be this years holidays reading in the same way that I caught up on the classic Riverworld series last time I was in Svetlanaland. It turned out to be a good read with an intriguing setting and will do fine as holiday reading. Although during our wonderful phone conversation last night Svetlana wants me to leave some books for her and I doubt that the slightly archaic "future" English would be an easy read - not to mention the fantasy aspects - so I'll have to dig up something more girly for her.

No comments: