Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Manga Marathon

This Easter has seen another of Alecto's traditional anime watching festivals. This years took place over 11 hours of Good Friday with Swing, Hemy and another also in attendance.

This time we were watching Azumanga Daioh a cute one about the lives of a group of girls during their three years as high-school classmates. Alecto had a bountiful table of nibbles on hand so the only disappointment was the lack of giant fighting robots in the anime itself.


Sticking to the comics theme yesterday I attended a comics discussion get together organised by The Real Greg Dean and attended by myself and Zombie Monkey. We had a good chat and some great food and booze from the venue. We wrapped up just after Doom showed up claiming it was his local cafe. Personally I am concerned that there is some sort of blog appearance stalking going on.


The final piece in the comics puzzle is my finishing reading the novelisation of the computer game of Dredd vs Death of Judge Dredd of the 2000AD comic. I quite enjoyed it as the writing was easy to read and it captured the feel of the comic.
Reading this book did give me the dilemma earlier in the week of deciding which was the geekier reading material for the work lunch room - a comics novelisation or a RPG supplement? I went with the RPG supplement figuring it would look more like a non-fiction text book and protect me from awkward questions.
.

No comments: