Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Unexpected Kindness

So after yet another Training Day where I was expected to earn my free lunch by presenting IT stuff to my staff, and a few days of last minute RFID tagging and nigh-constant scanning of books I was stopped dead in my tracks on Wednesday night.

Upon my arrival at Exploding Ninja Pony's Fortress of Doom™, The Viking Hat GM promptly presented me with two pre-cooked meals to help me in my quest for better bachelor living.
Of course I was immediately suspicious - a condition that continues despite the wonderfully satisfying full-belly feeling from the pumpkin soup last night. So far only good has come of it but you never know, it could be a slow-acting poison...

In a move more in his traditional style TVHG and The Blithe Bogan are at this moment trading blunt email ripostes over the state of the gameplay from that night. I plan to roll up my sleeves and dive in shortly after finishing my scribing here. Hopefully things will stay on a civil level as I do hate it when mum and dad fight!


In another move of unexpected kindness next week has been dubbed "Be kind to AntagonisticAl week" because apparantly my relentless hounding of her in her capacity as a hated marketing officer is somehow a little upsetting. Go figure?!
It will be a struggle but I should be able to make it as the Monday public holiday reduces the duration by a whole 20%.
My one fear is that said kindness to A could become a habit in the way that many of our character flaws often do.
.

2 comments:

Hanley Tucks said...

A 700ml jar of pumpkin soup, and similar amounts of pasta sauce.... that should be 4-6 meals, not 2!

It's only so that I still get to take the piss if you don't make your 10,000 steps :) I mock but I encourage, too!

Return the jars if you want a refill!

Freeloading Phill said...

Hmm, I figured it was an entrée and a main.

I only held the pasta sauce till later because of the justifiable concern about potential poisoning.

Phill