Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Return of the Footy

Well it's back and I've already been to my first game of the season. I went at the insistence of The Great Sandro who wants me to go every week but I think I've talked him down to once a month.

Of course I wore my jumper, despite the scorching weather conditions, and, of course, the jumpers curse appears to be back.

Apart from sweating profusely whilest watching my team play badly and have some perpetually puzzling penalties awarded against us, I was most distraught to find that food venues inside the ground are apparently not worth opening when it is a visiting interstate team.
I had to go snack-free until we scavenged some mouth-scaldingly hot pies from the bar.

Thankfully the outside venues had plenty of footy donuts once the game was over and I was able to drown my sorrows in sugar.
.

No comments: