Freeloading Phill and ...

Flood by Andrew H. Vachss

Due to the overly rainy weather today I sat down and finished reading this ripping crime novel.
As recommended by Badger and Legion2 it is the sort of book that hums along in it's own over the top paranoid American urban survivalist mode.

Flood is the first of Vachss's Burke books and, while I quite enjoyed it, I think I can see why Badger characterises the books as guilty pleasures and also where they would become repetitive.



Speaking of flooding, I seem to have survived the near arctic conditions at the MCG last night man-cold free after The Great Sandro and I braved the elements to watch the pies win an old style game of footy against the Saints - none of that "running through the middle in formation" stuff to be seen.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I was accross the road at the cricketer's arms and if I had to listen to the collingwood song one more time I was going to hit someone !! GCSK