Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Bus Man's Holiday

The highlight of my last week would have to have been the Bayside RFID Investigation Team boarding the Council Youth Services mini-bus and cruising down the highway to the glorious sounds of Best of the 80's Volumes 1-4.

We were off to experience another RFID tenderer demonstration. This one came with morning tea and lunch which I managed to partake in despite my mild nausea from Supervisor Grand Chief K's erratic "driving".

My one mistake for the day was to do some actual work and ask technical questions. That little slip-up lead to me forgetting to have any of the cakes!! Luckily for me Sonja Roster Queen had stuffed her bag full of wedding-esque cake parcels and I was able to savour the delights of a caramel slice sugar rush on the journey home.

My time at the wheel finally came after we had dropped SGCK off for another "important" meeting. Repaying Sonja Roster Queen's earlier kindness I drove in a manner that caused her to scream her delight at my driving skills.


The rest of the week included: my scoring again at soccer; BestFriendSincePrep forcing me to eat far too much pizza on Saturday night before a board games evening with SpawnOfBestFriendSincePrep playing his newly acquired copy of Mousetrap; a Geektogether memorial Gary Gygax Dungeons & Dragons game; a late night phone talk with a very fluey Svetlana; finished The Urth of the New Sun Gene Wolfe's slightly lackluster sequel to the books of the New Sun; and far too much wrangling of the new printers.

No comments: