Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Lost Hours

It seems that everything I have done in the last few days has lost me some hours.

Thursday I had an extra late in the day meeting sprung on me by Supervisor Grand Chief K and lost the start of the soccer game. A few post game beers to drown my sorrows and suddenly it was bedtime.

Friday was imaging up the genealogy PCs and true to form the imaging took a good four hours longer than I'd guesstimated. Then a phone call from our wireless supplier kept me at Brighton after closing while the techs on the other end tried to conjure up a eureka moment and I installed Brighton's special databases onto their genealogy PC. Thankfully there was free cake in the fridge so I didn't go without dinner as I was on the phone to Svetlana until quite late once I finally got home. (It seems there may be a plot to kidnap me when I go over to Hrvatska on my Christmas visit)

Saturday was the excitement of getting new tires on the car which was overwhelmed by the new iPod Clock Radio I splashed out on afterwards. In the evening I stayed in to watch the Pies finally start to get it right and solidify their spot in the top eight.

Today was looking okay until I decided to head across town to collect cards for the next games tournament without checking the footy fixture. Who schedules a twilight game at the MCG and and an early finishing game at Docklands??? My latest caution is that not only should you avoid Punt Road at all costs, but also always go via the Western Suburbs.

I think I'm actually going to catch the train to work tomorrow for the first time in weeks! Of course it being a Monday Connex will have hours of delays for me to contend with. Still, I should be able to get lots more "Magic Wood" Fantasy-Family Saga reading done.

2 comments:

Bayside Library Online Learning said...

'Avoid Punt Road at all costs' is a maxim by which I live my life....I think every decision one makes should be based on this one simple thing!!! Karyn

Max said...

you will enjoy being kept in Hrvatska my love... trust me..Svetlana