Freeloading Phill and ...

... A Little 2.0

(246 Alternate Title: Things #5-7 Flickr & more)

I am finally moving on to the next task - or rather filling in the Flickr gap in my 2.0 task list.

I've already had a browse through Flickr in the past, as well as a few other photo sites like PhotoBucket. They are a great way to upload your Photo's and tag them for other people to see. Personally I prefer to use hand-carved HTML to create my online photo albums but I do have the web programming background that allows me to do that.
The Flickr geotagging is a good idea but I find it annoying that some tags don't show at all until you zoom closer. This means that looking at the places I visited last year in Croatia it looks like there are no photos and I almost gave up. One accidental click later though and I realised that they show up as you zoom in.

I'm supposed to blog about some technology that interests me... umm. Well it won't be wireless internet access!! I've spent the last two work days getting this set up and dealing with supplier and courier damage and replacement parts, and we still haven't really started on the network security and routing stuff.
But I do really think wireless is a great technology (apart from frying all our brains with all those "rays" flying around). For almost a year I've been using a wireless mouse and the lack of "cable-pull" on my mousing action has been wonderful. Wireless at home - the new home, it would never work at the old one - has allowed me to do away with cable runs through to the study and to set up the laptop on the kitchen table to VPN into work to fix stuff.
I could have scammed free access off my neighbour who has just plugged in the box without any security, as ArchEnemy tested during one visit. Ooh there's another caution for you - ALWAYS change your home wireless set-up to use security or others will be surfing the net on your account!

I finished the third part of The Green Mile this morning such an easy read and the chapter books really give a sense of fast progress.

No comments: