Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Green Mile and the White Stove

I finished the last couple of chapter books a couple of days ago in this busy week and have just watched the movie this afternoon. I enjoyed both quite a lot and may even have got something in my eye at the end of the movie.

In work news the wireless install stretches out as all sorts of upstream providers have to come into pay to make changes to the network. Also Supervisor S is the latest staff member to abandon me, leaving soon to take up maternal duties with her newly adopted son. (am I the only one that thinks it's a tad egotistical to adopt a child whose name is phonetically ISarah?)

I spent this afternoon shopping for a new stove - which for me involves going to the same store I bought my fridge from years ago and picking one of the four models on display that will do the job, none of that shopping around stuff for me, although I did do a smidgen of research on the internet. The currently trendy metallic ones were too wide for the space I have so I've gone with classic white. Delivery and install are all keyed up for Tuesday so yay for a day off!

1 comment:

Bayside Library Online Learning said...

You didn;t think the ending of the movie went on a tad too long and belaboured the point?? When I saw it I remember sitting in the cinema thinnking...OK,OK, I get it!!!

Has this so called day off been authorised??