Freeloading Phill and ...

... the Week of Business as Usual

Since the last entry I have regained a semblance of my pre-upgrade, pre-floorboarding lifestyle.

I have had TV and gaming ; soccer and weekend sleep-ins; lot's of "hey Phill" jobs moving between branches.

Things out of the ordinary have included:
  • The arrival of our self issues machine for Brighton. After a little wrestling to get it to work after rebooting I have won the battle and it's a well behaved computer - which means it does what we tell it to do not what we want it to do. Suffice to say there is still a little bit of parameter adjusting to get it responding in the way we want.
  • Seeing the French comedy I Do with Rugrat Twin. I still maintain that is not a girly romantic comedy that would be embarrassing to see but a fine comedy which happens to have an expected and not entirely believable romantic twist.
  • A never-ending planning meeting on Thursday. It did include a free lunch sao it wasn't all bad.
  • A Full House for Thursday night gaming - all ten players crammed into a small living room. Needless to say it became more of a social night than a gaming one.
  • Bidding a fond farewell to Genealogy Jane who has wised up and retired from all this crazy library stuff.
  • Free cocktails (actual live cocktails not just beer and wine) at H's birthday bash.
  • A flatwarming gaming day at my new place.
Completely in the ordinary is my lack of 2,0 progress. Oh well there's always next week...

No comments: