Freeloading Phill and ...

... the Day of Settlement

After a quiet and anticipatory Easter break I've picked up the keys to my new place.

I've just returned form the first thorough look-through and measure for furniture placement. There are a few strange stains on the carpet in every room that I can only assume are from pot plant placement (although I haven't ruled out a mob hit). I'm still thinking on it but it may mean that Svetlana gets her wish and I do the whole place with floorboards instead of just the living room and hallway.
There'll be some painting involved as well and maybe some additional shelves put in - it all depends on how available Handy Dad is in the coming weeks (and how much free beer I'll have to provide).

All of this domestic busyness was only interrupted once, a call came in from Ms Magpie at Beaumaris branch to reiterate that they are still having their bizarre freezing up problem. I'm going to have to go there tomorrow and let my IT person magnetic field fix the problem without me doing anything else.

1 comment:

Mia Wallace said...

Floorboards and rugs...definitely the way to go!
Congrats on your new pad!