Freeloading Phill and ...

An Outing for Iron Man 2

In his usual manner BestFriendSincePrep called me up at the last minute - whilst I was mid-commute - to propose an outing to see the titular film.

As my communication channel was dropping out repeatedly for tunnel related reasons he drove to our usual cinema and then, once I was home, called me to enforce the outing.

Having to go there early I was also forced to go to dinner with him at one of the nearby establishments. He was up to his usual embarrassing tactics: combining and rearranging menu options; correcting wait staff pronunciation; sprinting to finish his meal leaving me stranded still consuming mine as the wait staff came to clear the table.

I did manage to survive to see the movie which was quite good for what it was - the action was interesting for the most part, the characters developed somewhat and the effects were well done.


Bonus Caution
Should you ever change the internet provider of someone close to you, such as Freeloading Mum, you should always remember to change their email server to the new provider before the old account expires lest their email suddenly stop working only a day before their big overseas trip.
.

No comments: