Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Aimee Mann Show

Last night I went to my first rock concert in years.

I like to use the term rock concert as it carries a lot of connotations of testosterone-charged masculinity which is much better for upholding my rugged and manly reputation than informing people that I went to see a female rock/folk singer performing a nigh-unplugged show for which the only standing up I did was to leave at the end.

So Legion2 and I made our way to the venue and our seats to see a fine performance to which I could sing along to - albeit quietly since the sound levels were quite a ways short of eardrum shattering. In fact the gentleman seated adjacent to me may have moved because of his inability to cope with my vocal accompaniment - which I'm sure was pitch perfect - being audible to those in the stalls around me.

All in all it was a great to finally have a chance to see Aimee live since she has been a constant in my life for the past fifteen odd years through all the highs and lows with her ability to encapsulate all those frailties that plague the domain of human relations.


(Oh, and as an aside, the fact that it was a nigh-unplugged performance with no sign of a full drum kit made for the crushing of my dream of having to fill in on stage after the drummer suffered some sort of Spinal Tap-esque accident. Sigh, I never get what I want.)
.

No comments: