Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Maverik's Mad Mixer

After a long and tiring week catching up on all the work I so gleefully avoided whilst at my training last week I found myself finally able to relax at the farewell do for The Maple Maverick as he is about to forsake Libraryland for Mapleland.


I was a little late to the party and not for my usual fashionable grand entrance reasons. This time it was due to Sister Serials, ever a thorn in my side, discovering a slight flaw in my latest brilliant system tweak which made it impossible for her to complete her usual workflow. I fail to understand the issue as not having to do your job sounds like every workers dream to me. Nevertheless I soldiered on badgering away at the problem until eventually, with the call of the pub ringing in my ears I managed to decide to use the old IT standby "maybe it'll fix itself over the weekend".


Upon arrival at the venue I found out it was also yet another farewell for Adversary, who just won't stay away for good.
Anyway, The Maverick had gathered quite a mix of staff from across the branches and many tall tales and tall drinks were had before I tore myself away in order to rush home to catch the remains of the footy on tv - which, given how easily we dealt with Beeby's boys was quite the relaxing end to the week that I had been after all along.
.

No comments: