Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Elusive 10,000 Steps

For the last week or so yours truly and Country Girl have been in a pedometer competition after discovering that we had both independently decided to try using them at the same time.

It hasn't actually been much of a competition. It took me most of the first week before my running total equalled her first day and I daren't even think of reaching the healthy total of 10,000 steps on a daily basis.

My only hope is that we are in the early stages of a tortoise and hare situation and my tortoise like pace will eventually overtake her.

All that being said just when I was beginning to think my pedometer must be broken - and unable to go over 5,000 steps - yesterday I was triumphantly able to get 12,170. I shall now reward myself with a good rest for the remainder of the week.
.

1 comment:

Hanley Tucks said...

You slackarse! I easily whack out 12,000 a day.

No snacks for you!