Freeloading Phill and ...

One Day in September

This Saturday last was that one special day we await all year dreaming of how wonderful, magical and uplifting it shall be - Salsa Girl's birthday.

So I spent the day going to my first footy grand final to see the mighty Pies in action. Legion2 was able to snaffle us tickets in the members so we attended in fancy collared shirts and sat through a tense game and will now be able to tell the tale of our having been at the famous drawn Grand Final.
All in all it was a little deflating not getting a result but I think we got off lightly in the end and the experience was quite good - they have cushioned seats in the members.
However I do think that all the trouble of the draw could have been easily avoided if only they had seen fit to call me out of the crowd to take one of the shots on goal and win the premiership for the black and white.


To ease the minds of those with a romantic bent I did take all of Friday off to spend with the lovely Salsa Girl and participated in all sorts of romantic activities like: visiting the Grand Final parade; strolling through the park hand in hand amidst thousands of others leaving the Grand Final Parade; lunching on Lygon street and admiring the team colours festooned about; and, the largest sacrifice, going to the museum and exploring the Titanic exhibition which had nothing even remotely footbally about it.


As the footy was a draw I suppose I shall have to do it all again this week.
.

No comments: