Freeloading Phill and ...

Ilario by Mary Gentle

With not much of great import having happened over the past few days I think it would be the occasion to put forth my review of this one that I finished nigh on a week back. I mean none of you loyal readers of mine would be interested in hearing of the delightful dinner and evening one spent in the company of Salsa Girl last night would you? No I thought such things would spark little interest.

So on with Ilario.
This book is a sort of prequel to the weighty tome Ash (that I read last year) in that it is at least set in the same world only some time earlier and actually has very little to connect it to the goings on in Ash - at least that I easily picked up on. Nevertheless I enjoyed it for it's exploration of the grander political machinations of the Mediterranean states and the many dips into interesting history that Mary does so love to turn into significant events within her writings.

Three and a half stars for this one.
.

1 comment:

Oops.. I deleted my blog!! said...

Somewhat a little more "gound breaking" than finding one reported return, I would venture to say that you have left Fred for Dead ?? ......