Freeloading Phill and ...

Bill the Galactic Hero by Harry Harrison

I finished this slim volume today after stretching it's meagre 159 pages out over a good eighteen days filled with much hectic activity. That makes it a whopping 8 pages a day!

Anyway the volume in question came into my possession when it was deemed a donation not worth adding to the library - probably by the high-standards likes of Miss Amanda.

Having never read any of his works, unless one comic adaptation counts, I decided to snap it up and read it at an opportune moment. Said moment arrived along with the new financial year.

I found it to be an enjoyable enough romp but it didn't hit the really humorous heights I thought it might have after reading the Pratchett quote on the cover.

Next on my reading agenda is a monstrosity about ten times the thickness of Bill. If my maths is correct I expect to be reading it for the next six months.
.

No comments: