Freeloading Phill and ...

Writer's Blog

One does not have much time for an update at the moment as one has been relatively busy with things such as footy, gaming, helping Freeloading Mum out of her computer woes, and, of course, spending many late hours completing my library IT duties.

More important than that was an attempt to compose a short tale for the writing competition we have as part of the literary festival. Despite my three and a bit years of hand carving these posts it has proved quite difficult - both to write and to motivate oneself to get to and start tapping away at the keyboard.
To try and engender the correct atmosphere I even went as far as taking one of the many credit days owed to me today. I ran out of dilly-dallying mid afternoon and then tapped out my story. It had, of course been mulling over in my mind for a week or so but, still, it felt a little rushed and unpolished.

However the first step is supposed to be the hardest so getting the thing done and submitting it is quite the accomplishment as I wouldn't be able to face the disappointment of having to wait another year for the motivation of a pressing deadline.

The downside is that I have spent absolutely none of the time preparing things for my regular Thursday game and Fantomas will surely gather a lynch mob should he ever find out. Luckily I have quite perfected my faking it skills over the last year of gaming and several years of work. So I should be able to get away with it, yet again.
.

1 comment:

fantomas said...

Ha! After those animal husbandry comments, think again. There be a lynching ahappening tonight!