Freeloading Phill and ...

My First Charles Stross

One has many a time had to endure the ravings of Judge Mingus and FridgePower about the greatness that is novels by Charles Stross - such is the price of a free afternoon tea.

In any case I was pleasantly surprised to receive his latest work as a present from said couplet on the occasion of my recent momentous birthday.

The volume of concern was Saturn's Children.

I found it to be a most enjoyable romp reminiscent of early nineties cyberpunk fiction colliding with late seventies over the top extrapolation of weird ideas.

In short nigh perfect for me and I shall be looking for more of his work just as soon as I clear away my several metres of "to read" stack at home.
.

1 comment:

fantomas said...

You should read his Laundry series, especially now that an RPGis coming out based on them!