Freeloading Phill and ...

The Bastard's Birthday Dinner

It is only now after an early, nay, normal finishing time to my working day that I can once again find the free hours it takes for me to hand carve yet another missive to you my anxiously awaiting readership.

And what pray-tell I hear you ask could have changed so dramatically in the scheme of constant overwork that is my salaried life to allow such an unprecedented finishing time to the day of one Freeloading Phill?

Well 'twas none other than a day of training for yet another in the seemingly unending string of upgrades to stuff. My partner in training crime this time was none other than Supervisor S resuming her duties as my sidekick. For this educational outing we were under the esteemed tutelage of The Puppies and unhindered by any library staff with their insistence that the system they use every day should make sense to them.

The morning's downpour could not dissuade me from my attendance as I trudged knee-deep through the swirling maelstroms of overflowing city gutters to reach my destination.

My reward was an informative session with a minimal morning tea and a choose your own lunch. Luckily our early finish did still make it to the point where venue staff laid out the meagre afternoon tea which one was able to raid on the way out into city shopping and thence home early enough to have the time to compose some bloggage.


Hmmm, I seem to have not even broached the subject of my post yet so I had better get on with it henceforth.


I spent my evening last Saturday at a dinner in celebration of The Bastard's imminent ageing event. I was privileged to be there amongst his inner cabal as they whiled away the evening with intricate world-domination planning cunningly conducted in the form of frivolous conversation. Fantomas was there of course, and I was able to catch up with Unity and Krazy K for the first time in ages.

The venue chosen for this event was an Hellenic restaurant and as the platters of meat were placed before us we all had to face the very real threat of dealing with a serious case of meat poisoning. My particular indulgence was to be shared with The Bastard himself and Fantomas. Of course the lithe Fanty did not pull his weight and I was forced to consume the remainder of his share so that our Hellenic hosts would not scorn us for leaving much of our repast on the platter.

As there were several there in the family way the event finished at a reasonable hour and I was able to waddle home contented to spend the remainder of my weekend sleeping off my bloat and preparing for the hard week of work ahead of me.
.

No comments: