Freeloading Phill and ...

The Missing Weeks. Part the Fourth

Blithely ignoring the new year I shall continue on with retelling the myriad of events from those missing weeks.


The Viking Hatted Wedding
My next morning began with my awakening thankfully without any after-effects from the night before.
I spruced myself up and headed out for the ceremony section of The Viking Hat GM's day of nuptials. Exploding Ninja Pony was also there and The Mad Magyar was also present in his capacity as one of the best men - although sadly, for his manliness, he was beaten out of the prime spot by a girl.
After the ceremony I was lucky enough to once more be a passenger in Exploding Ninja Pony's car as we headed out to the most important part of the day - the lunch. I must say that Pony seemed a much more relaxed driver without the constant threat of Viking stomach emptying that accompanied our last sojourn together.

Lunch was a lovely Afghan affair with many courses and good company.
Afterwards I was unable to resist the allure of cake back at Viking HQ so once more was spirited to a new location on the Pony express.
Once there we partook in teo of my favourite things - cake and conversation until the early evening when I decided to make swift my exit as I detected the cleaning up had began to get underway.

In the spirit of being true to TVHGM's greenwards leanings I made the long trip back home on the various train lines - horrifyingly without a skerrick of reading matter - finally making it back to my bed a shade before midnight and collapsing exhausted into bed.


The Xmas Work Week
The workdays leading up to Xmas are a blur of activity including: several last minute IT issues; ElfBoy plying the weekly gaming table with wine; staffroom tables brimming over with enough borrower-gifted chocolate to give an elephant type 7 diabetes; a sedate lunch with the IT crowd; a rather more boisterous council Xmas lunch greatly attended by library staff; and finally an Xmas Eve gaming night transformed into Chinese restaurant feast with Pirate Dave and Fantomas. - but we did fit in a game of Piratalismanopoly so all was not un-gamey.

up next: Xmas and the New Year
.

1 comment:

Hanley Tucks said...

Is this the beginning of a new run of daily entries?