Freeloading Phill and ...

... The Nuptuals of Sir Clive

The big event this week was my attendance at the wedding of Sir Clive Pitbull. There was also some upgrade stuffgoing on as well but I wasn't paying much attention to that as my focus was on the free feed of the Saturday evening event.

I was once again designated Legion driver and packed Legion's 2, 3, Madmog and BrotherStealer into my transportation device for the leisurely drive down to sunny Williamstown.

Upon arrival my suspicions were confirmed - we were at the same venue that had hosted Doom and The Doctor's engagement soiree - so much for expanding my resume of Williamstown venue attendance.

So, while I struggled through my 'nam-like flashbacks of events in the venue, the ceremony and mixed finger-food reception continued forthwith. I could tell I was off my game as I repeatedly failed to be at the serving table as new dishes were brought forth for consumption. I even suffered several attacks of politeness and allowed others to serve themselves before I had taken as much as I could.
Still my condition was nothing as compared to Sir Clive's. His reputation as a fanatical purveyor of all musical things punk, noise and experimental was dealt severe blow after blow as
first: a karaoke machine was wheeled out without nary a whine from him, and
second: pop song after pop song played on throughout the evening.
The ultimate proof of his new status of "you've changed man" was when he took a place as a link in the conga line for Peter Allen's When My Baby Smiles at Me.

Departing at a reasonable hour I was only subject to a mild level of in-car shenanigans from Legion's 2 and 3 who had consumed a reasonable but unspecified number of beverages which still proved to be below the "too many" level.

All were soon home and warm and cosy after a good night out celebrating.
.

No comments: