Freeloading Phill and ...

Looking for an E Book

Given that one is simultaneously close to the finish of both an excellent read and one of so-so qualities, and that said reads clear the on-loan pile, and that the to-read pile has nothing that matches the criteria, it feels about time to crowd source the next read in ones A to Z of Unread SciFi and Fantasy Authors quest.

Therefore I once again reach out to my you, my network of ever-loyal readers, in order to crowd source my E - or at least a short-list of Es.


The Rules

Titles should be in the sci-fi and fantasy realms, or speculative fiction if you prefer.

The Author's Surname should begin with the letter E, and they should be one who's wares one has not sampled before.
Unlike D, it seems that one has been avoiding E authors in the last 9 years and there are scant any of them recorded in one's reading sites. However off the top of ones head one already has Eddings, Effinger and Egan under one's belt.

Bonus points if the book is available in the work catalogue

Even more bonus points, and the win I guess, if you place your recommendation into one's hands.

Note: Amoeba is currently serving a one recommendation ban and is ineligible for participation. Pirate Dave has a suspended sentence for going backwards to C so is encouraged to make good.

6 comments:

fantomas said...

I suppose Planetary or Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis are out? I'm not sure if his novels, "Crooked Little Vein" and "Gun Machine" would fall within your scope either.

Unknown said...

I suspected Pawn of Prophesy might have been covered already; I'll check my library after I get home and remember to check my library.

Unknown said...

I suspected Pawn of Prophesy might have been covered already; I'll check my library after I get home and remember to check my library.

fantomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freeloading Phill said...

Well Petey, you have the win since one does have an ex library copy of Crooked Little Vein sitting on the pile. One was just worried about criteria, having read some Ellis comics, and more importantly because the librarians had not put a scifi or fantasy sticker on it.

Freeloading Phill said...

MAY have the win.

Lucky a small typo won't make any difference to the result...