Freeloading Phill and ...

Farewelling the Footwear

So this evening one has deposited one's Hippy Stomping Boots in the bin for collection on the morrow.

This was prompted by the ongoing house hunting and the imminent need to pack and move everything.

A perusal of ones things found my eye focusing on the footwear that I fondly remember. Probably Sir Clive Pitbull would be the only other to even recall them - having been quite heavily involved in their naming.

I however remember my long association with them. They carried me through the nineties (yes the nineties!) quite handily, stomping out many a bass drum line and the occasional bass player, right Judge Mingus? Perhaps they would sell as Malaclypse Memorabillia?

In any case, for the past decade they had served their time as "about the house" shoes and slowly slipped into slipper territory. Until they were made redundant in a cunning move by Salsa Girl when she supplied me with a pair of actual comfy slippers. It was as if she didn't like me donning "those mangy things" as she affectionately dubbed them.

So it has become time to farewell my old foot friends and send them on their journey to the big shoe rack in the sky.

Even though they still have some wear left in them... and the garbage collection isn't until tomorrow morning.........
.

2 comments:

Stompy said...

I'm with Salsa Girl, good riddance to the mangy things.

Hanley Tucks said...

You could turn them into a couple of dice bags.