Freeloading Phill and ...

The Final Graphical Entertainment Collection

It has been a week now and one is finally able to bring oneself to speak of the immense change that has occurred in ones life.

One has made a final pilgrimage north to collect ones standing order of Judge Dredd and 2000AD comics.

I had initially thought that I would make the final odyssey in the fittingly lone wolf style that the vast majority of trips had been made in the past decades. However Salsa Girl - ever aware of the opportunity for some alone time - quickly added Hulk's attendance into the event.
Once the journey was underway it did seem fitting that Hulk was along for the ride as she is a big part of the impetus for this change.

Upon arrival and collection I felt a twinge of nostalgia for those heady days when I began my collection. At the time the newsagent was in a different locale in the shopping complex, and I had to make a weekly trip up to collect my supermarket job pay - in an envelope from the pay office.
Of course I thanked the establishment for allowing me to collect every six weeks instead of the mandated fortnight for years on end, and found out that the staff member who I first signed up with still worked on Tuesdays.

All in all it was a wonderful farewell to a tradition that has now been supplanted by going digital and the resultant late Wednesday evening repeated clicking of the refresh button until the latest issue shows up for download.

The only blemish on the whole experience was running into StumpyRudolph at his place of business and spending a quarter hour chatting to him.
I guess it was my own fault as I did go there to see if he was around.

Now that one is saving money as well as space I am faced with the dilemma of what to do with my savings - perhaps another several hundred dollars worth of big boxed board games for the cupboard?
.

No comments: