Freeloading Phill and ...

Finding the Path

One's weekend consisted of several path finding attempts.

The first was on Friday eve when one, along with Legion2, had to find a way through the nigh-constant babble that is football watching with The Great Sandro. Entertaining but exhausting.


My second path finding expedition was my great journey North to collect an undelivered package from the depot. Obstacle after obstacle was placed in my path as first Saturday traffic, then abundant red lights and finally copious road works All conspired to keep me from my true path.

However I overcame and reached my destination, parked the car and made my way to the front door to be greeted by a sign that read, "Parcel pick up from side door". Finding the path to the side door one was confronted with a second sign, "Weekend pick up from warehouse door 4, ring bell".

Picking my way through a maze of parked trucks I found my way to door 4 using the clever technique of counting my way along from door 1.
Arriving I found a staff member having a break outside the open door. Upon stating my quest I was told , "nah, the bell is round the other side. Just stand in the doorway until someone notices you.".
Thankfully I was noticed in short order and then a staff member walked all the way back to the side office to fetch me my parcel and my ordeal was over.

Or so I thought.

Trying to make my way to my next appointment was fraught with roadwork redirections and much reduced speed limits which put the finishing touch on my 40 minute round trip becoming an hour and a half.

I guess there's a Caution in this for you all: make sure you are home when a parcel is delivered.


Anyway I did eventually arrive at my final path finding event - an actual game of Pathfinder at the mercy of The Bastard, with the likes of Fantomas, DragonMim and Pirate Dave as one's compatriots.
Lots of fun and sugar was had before I was forced to find the path home.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No wonder you had trouble with the doorbell at Ryan's after all that kerfuffel at the mysterious depot of mysteries.