Freeloading Phill and ...

Timetable Tribulations

Here's a Caution for you all.

When one is running late for the morning locomotive and just misses said locomotive one should make sure that one looks for the next departure time in the part of the timetable app that shows one's direction of travel.

Improper determination of the next train arrival can lead to one casually strolling to the corner shop for some of that breakfast that was missed in that rush to make the initial train; followed by a leisurely topping up of one's travel card which may well be interrupted by the arrival of the actual next train into the city.

Scampering hastily without any dignity onto said train is hardly the proper way to begin ones day.

Personally I take no responsibility for this debacle and blame the app writers for putting the Hurstbridge bound trains above the city bound ones. I mean, really, nobody goes out to Hurstbridge*.
* except people with a reason or Hurstbridgers I suppose.

Anyway, consider yourself Cautioned.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This very morning I ran to the station, thinking I had a few moments to spare, when from the top of the rise I spied the 6:29 train already waiting at the platform. It continued to sit there, teasing me with its doors hanging open, until I got to the ramp leading down to the platform at which time it swiftly departed. By the time I got to the myki reader on the platform proper it was still only 6:28!
Naturally there is no such corner shop nearby to distract fellow passengers but I did spend the next 12 minutes on the phone to myki support, enquiring as to why they had charged me an extra fare before I even got on the train, so I was in prime position to alight the next train.