Freeloading Phill and ...

Desk-Shift Disasters

So today I unwittingly walked into, not one, but a series of disasters of epic proportions.

It all began innocently as I kindly offered my services up to cover a desk shift in the library since I was on the premises in my regular benevolent location rotation schedule and Lord of the Small Fries was feeling a little poorly. (There is no truth to the rumour that my volunteering was only because it was a meeting that I would covering for and one was glad to be out of the vicinity of all that meetingness.)


The first disaster struck when I found out I was to be desk-buddies with none other than Supervisor Grand Chief K!!

One would presume it couldn't get any worse but then ... disaster number two struck.

Somehow one's sense of time became muddled and it was suddenly time to begin the desk shift and one had not had a skerrick of lunch yet!! Quickly crunching my way through a carrot I was soon out there saving the world from improperly borrowed library books.

It didn't take long for one to become aware of both my gnawing hunger bringing me close to the edge of starvation and disaster number three. It came to my attention that the first part of the desk-shift was not to cover the boring meeting but to allow the branch staff to go to the local eatery and partake in an Xmas feast of grand proportions.

Oh world why do you taunt me so!
.

No comments: