Freeloading Phill and ...

The Valley of Horses by Jean M. Auel

As you may remember this was a selection that Salsa Girl had picked for me to read when I gave her the opportunity to choose my next read.

So I finally found myself able to start this novel after having read it's preceding volume - thus satisfying one's desire to read things in the proper and correct order.

It is much like the first book in writing style although the subject matter expands to a larger view of Auel's pre-history world.

I do have to apologise for characterising the previous adventure as "Ayla invents everything" because the sheer amount of inventing she gets up to this time around makes her previous attempts pale in comparison.

It was an interesting read and one has to admit that - sigh - one shall indubitably get around to reading the remainder of the series to find out what befalls our plucky heroine (albeit probably a tad more spaced apart than these first two were).

Alas, the dangers of following the reading recommendations of one's sweetheart.
.

No comments: