Freeloading Phill and ...

The Book of Dust

One completed the reading of this book by Philip Pullman a good week or so ago but I have been sitting on this review as I seethe over the result of the reading.

It was gifted on the occasion of one's birthday by Grandma J and turned out to be a vexing 4 star read.

It is more properly titled La Belle Sauvage and is Part 1 of the Book of Dust trilogy - a prequel/during/sequel trilogy to the author's Northern Lights trilogy of which one has read not a skerrick.
After doing the research I determined that it was fine to commence reading and that one would not be lost in the middle of a story.

In the end it turned out to be an interesting story and world to explore and it appears that Grandma J has cursed me with a new series to read my way through and the first book of The Northern Lights is now on reserve at my library.
.

No comments: